and this is not why I wouldn't especially want him to be President, but Mark Kelly'sremarks defending his wife make me uncomfortable somehow. I don't think disability should be a "Touche" ever.
Also, could we stop picking a leader like we're picking a stepdad? I mean, it's great that the Kelly/Giffords bond is so unshakable and that he has been at her side so much, but they can afford it in a way a lot of people can't(So wish Kelly would get behind universal health care and stop voting for stuff like the Laken Riley act.)
And there seems like there is kind of subtext amid the Giffords/Kelly "Their love is so pure," that says he's a real hero for staying in a way that Gabby wouldn't get if she were the one that was uninjured. Society expect women to rise to the "sickness and health challenge" so much more than men, even though a study showing truly jaw-dropping gaps between the genders was recently retracted, I still think the expectation is vastly different. (I'm definitely not sure that AU!CaretakerGabby would be able to see that period of faithfulness as, you know, good for her career, except in the sense that hanging out at home would look better than looking up old boyfriends-- not really like " I took care of him, let me take care of *you*, America!"
No comments:
Post a Comment