Monday, August 17, 2026

I Have Bigger Wishes...

 Don't worry, we don't have to talk about how they don't come true today, but rewatching The West Wing on streaming makes me wish I didn't show up after the party was over.  I wish that I could have heard about Bartlet's MS revelations in a way that provided real suspense--watching on cable or something after the first run takes suspense out of re-election too.

Politics has shifted a lot since that was on, too.  Trying so hard to distance the religious right from the impulse that creates terrorism in "Isaac & Ismael(AKA- Jossed by 9/11 attacks episode) feels particularly antique.  Most of that episode does, really, but since I've only watched it twice--once much closer to the events in question, I can at least remember some comfort from this awkward attempt at Larger Themes(Which is why The West Wing reminds me of MASH than any other show, really.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment