Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Things I've Heard That I Might Say To Christopher Titus....

 Actually, in one instance, I might be cheating a little, because nobody has actually full-on said "It disturbs me when I think you're hot," but I do think that a lot of the weird reactions to my dating profile might have come out of a similar place. But it's harder to understand because I was not paid by a streaming platform to riff on all my deepest, darkest secrets, but just trying to share life in a disabled body.(I used to not even admit that because it was like some "Mean Girl" "So, you think you're pretty," thing, and like Cady, I did not begin my life with some irrational  loathing of some part of my body that I had to be taught to think about,ie, giant thighs or thick ankles.  (Over time, I've just learned to save time and not like any of it.  #winning. But I do match American beauty ideals in some ways.)

But I do understand that feeling of feeling okay after hearing someone else's story after I watched "Carrying Monsters"--definitely feel like mine might fit in one of those baby harnesses now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment