Monday, February 25, 2019

Five Things That Aren't Right


1.       It’s not right that, despite not living in a warzone(either foreign or domestic) I have known so many people that have died.On a related note, though, it’s not right that, with all the therapy, I found out about “survivor’s guilt” from early episodes of Rescue Me.

2.       It’s not right to wonder if survivor’s guilt applies because your traumatic birth came with slightly less of a timebomb attached than some of your school friends’.But I do feel badly that I haven’t been able to use my stamina to make things more awesome.

3.       It’s not right that I know six people with life-sustaining GoFundMe fundraisers. It’s not right that one of my friends died without his attendant-services goal coming to fruition.

4.       It’s not right that people write in the comments of successful fundraisers that “this proves we don’t need the government”(No, the opposite is true.)Sometimes I wonder if we are patching something that shouldn’t be, but I don’t want to leave people hanging, if I can help it.Sometimes I do, but I don’t have a lot of money either so I do have to choose.

5.       Not being able to be psyched about women running for president because I feel so divorced from capital A-Accomplishment that it feels like it has nothing to do with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment