Tuesday, May 14, 2019

In Which I Finish My Fast_Food Vignette



One moment, sir… everyone in here will have a chance to clog their arteries, but I need a moment.”  

 The people left in the line groaned, but an energetic brunette came up from the back. Fucking Finally Guy mumbled something  and made his way to the door, intercepted by a scrawny guy holding a binder. 
"My name’s Navid.”
She smiled shyly.  “Nora.”

The  guy with the binder stepped forward and thrust out his skinny chest.”I didn’t say you could take your break right now.”

Navid took Nora’s bags of food and said “Fine… forget my break.  Pretend I went to take a giant dump, then!”As he said that, they passed a woman with crooked lipstick and a giant iced tea who looked horrified. He added “Don’t worry, I washed my hands…probably.”


“Are you going to get in trouble?” Nora asked, hating what a little girl she sounded like, even as the ripples of laughter from the shocked old lady’s face subsided.

“Maybe. Peter makes a big deal about everything, but he usually gets over it. You’ve had a harder time than I have, though, haven’t you?”

“How did you…” she started to ask, then bit her lip.
“I’m not psychic…I work across from the hospital and I noticed you don’t have three hands. Just think of me as doordash without the door

No comments:

Post a Comment