Friday, November 1, 2019

Another Online Friend Has Passed...

and my grief is no less real for being a bit distant.(And on a bit of a time-delay) I wish our real-life paths could have crossed, although any friendship forged across the miles can lead to some disconnections.
One of the hardest things about being a disabled person can be the amount of sudden death I've known about since I was ten or so, especially since I can't really believe in the promise of an afterlife.  I never got to be young  and "invincible", but then again, that does save you from reading a piece about Gen X being real grown-ups now, or whatever(Which is more of a tin-foil lining than a silver one, but we'll find the bright parts where we can.)
I'm sorry that we won't swap fanfiction, or talk about books, or what it's like to be liberal in places that are not.
I'm sorry that she won't drink fruit punch again.

No comments:

Post a Comment