Sunday, March 21, 2021

In Which Algorithms, like Parents, Just Don't Understand

 I signed this petition because it's no skin off my back, you know? Who's to say that this kind of symbolic gesture *won't* inspire Flynn? We are all different, after all(indeed, so much so that I  have never seen even another CP person with a body like mine, and I'm over forty, very aware of CP, but not aware that we have an Awareness Day)

I'd like people to be more Aware that we don't stay kids, for one thing.(Think I'd light up the AMA, or somewhere else with lots of doctors, because that's where the dumbest comments ,e.g."I thought that affected kids," so does maturity, genius.) come from. Grocery checkers just take your word on it.

As benignly dorky as this comes off to me, I sort of hate that writing about my life might have set this up.(Not as much as when Facebook offers me a fundraiser...talk about adding insult to injury.)


1 comment:

  1. I think a cross-disability approach is more effective. that said, I do think that those of us born with disabilities get ignored a lot.(content like this, though doesn't do much about feeling invisible starting in about ninth grade, though.

    ReplyDelete