Wednesday, August 11, 2021

In a Hallmark Movie, We Would Date, Of Course...

 My friend Xav(Name changed at his request). and I had a plan to help each other find a date.(Once we sort of established that the little flare-ups of chemistry that we have aren't...quite it, in some way that we don't want to offend each other by digging around in too hard, even though  we probably have been "fixed-up" by ableds with far less compatibility than we actually have--ask me about the summer a whole attendant-services agency thought I should date a disabled guy who never used the internet before. 4 years ago.) No, don't.  That was awful, although Phoenix is the summer is so boring, for a hot second, I bet against the laws of time, space, and, well, everything I know about the people that made the suggestion, to hope that it might... but shockingly, it did not. Even trying to be generous about everyone's impulses there, hard not to see that as "You have  brain damage and defy filing too...let us kiss with tongues!1"(Abled people: really?!) Even worse, they asked me about it long and fervently enough that I became grateful that the interaction fizzled and we didn't try to "stay friends".

I'm not trying to do that again, here, even if technically, it wouldn't because Xav has a muscle disease, as opposed to my brain damage, in (which is the kind of distinction I thought as a kid might make people in the neighborhood stop calling me a Jerry's Kid. After weeks of diligent educational effort...I think I got a few of them to switch to "spaz"#progress #themoreyouknow

It is a little distressing to find out that you've been old enough and "on the market" long enough for the dating site world to have changed around you to outpace your meager tech skills(Much less your faith in creating a profile that could be both winning and halfway accurate.) Not that I've been searching the whole time, of course.

X. is a lawyer, a wheelchair user, who likes food and movies, a Democrat that has a first-class dirty mind that could make the right woman very happy.

If it could be you(especially if you're local to AZ) drop me a thought in the comments.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment