Sunday, March 12, 2023

Not What I expected to post this week, but...

 the book post isn't ready yet.

Disabled Woman’s Elegy

I hope the Earth
Appreciates my body

As I never could, and few others,

Ever tried.

It will accept my nourishment

Slowly and quietly,

And not decline to take it,

Because I “have enough problems.”

In that last act,

I’ll be like

Everyone else.

Despite my lack of assets,

And probably livestreamed funeral,

Flesh is flesh,

And minerals are minerals.

There will be proof that I was here,

That does not fit in a social-service file.

In a dark way,

That makes me smile.

I will not pass as quietly as my cat.

I complain too much for that!

Even if  I had a quiet soul,

I don’t have her self-control.

Maybe it’s easier when

Jumping around fulfills your potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment