Monday, December 4, 2023

You Wouldn't Want A County Recorder Like Me...

 because keeping count has proven at least as hard as meeting the writing goal(once I got through last winter's caregiving problems, anyway) and I lost count a lot. So between the early undercounts and trying to compensate by padding through the fall--and knowing I wrote tons this year, I'm giving myself credit for meeting the 150,000 word writing goal I set with Dreamwidth last year.

If, technically, I did not.(I have dycalculia...if someone did somehow pick through and find me at slightly less, I suppose I'd accept their count.) But I didn't add to my clips this year, nor learn a valuable lesson by throwing myself at the buzzsaw of Rejection to toughen myself up, although i guess in one sense, it did help; the cycles of pain do get shorter with each rejection slip. There just isn't much  of a path forward in form-letter land.(If everyone thinks I am so amazing, say yes!)

I needed this win, plus I went to two craft classes this year and worked on technique more than I have in at least a decade, so I'm claiming those bragging rights.(Nothing is less braggy than three grafs of disclaimer, though.  "Could I be less into myself?" probably not without being an actual penitient or something.

So, yay, I did it, I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment