Saturday, February 10, 2024

Not what I expected...

 from the writing workshop I spent today doing(although obits as aids to creation were discussed...I'm not *that* dark,

My Real Obituary

When somebody writes this(Who? There is not even a natural candidate, for I have

No guilty daughter where we made up at the last minute and sucks up to get my unimpressive,

Ahistoric, mostly zircon, fake-girl-power cause I bought it for myself, jewelry. Which, probably, nobody will even want, much less covet.)

There is a lot they won’t get to say.

The first line always trips people up a lot. In fact, in my whole life, many people see “born with a disability” and kind of stop reading.  Maybe even me.

I am probably not a soothing ass-cream magnate,

Despite the massive points I would get for using my life

For scientific discovery, economic advancement and soft cheeks.

A very few people will survive me in my heart,

Despite my lack of Freda Payning it.

Some will remember what my mouth tasted like,

The first time I had champagne.

More might remember my dogged, though possibly dorky, attempts to make

The world a better place.

Or my wrong words,

In the right places.

I don’t think it will be enough,

As much as it has to be

No comments:

Post a Comment