Thursday, March 7, 2024

So What If I'm A Goddess, And Other Stories...

 


 “I could be the Walrus.  I’d still have to bum rides off of people.”

Never really thought I’d grow up to quote Ferris, the one Hughes character that I came late to watching, but that is what kind of comes to mind for me when reading Marianne Williamson’s modern classic of Goddess spirituality “A Woman’s Worth” even though in some ways I liked it and I really do believe that many of us women do have untapped capacities, including your Bohemian Crip.

However, for me(and for many of you, I suspect,) it might be more complicated than deciding “I’m going to think well of myself and activate my Goddess-given skills today!”(Although maybe someone who really felt that down to her marrow might be an unstoppable foe for social and economic barriers…I can’t say.  Your Bohemian Crip isn’t there yet. This book inspired me to resume meditation, but I’m not exactly feeling Goddess energy in my bones or my “sub-cockle area’ just yet. Social and dare I say economic(Though things are a  little better) and even the architectural challenges of wheeling in an inaccessible society, including one that is not fully deadly-virus-free all kind of keep me from finding the world at my footrested feet.  Sometimes it’s hard to know what to hope for. Sometimes I feel like a much-older woman fighting for change I won’t get to see, and sometimes my life right now feels as transitory as any Tiktoker’s with student debt.

Much more fun questions(and production numbers!) in my watch-rewatch of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, but it wasn’t just my overthinking that stumped me while writing that last dating profile I never finished: Do I need a mellow Josh Chan or someone who could match my sometimes-mordant intensity?(Not that the show itself wants us to think love can fix us, of course.)

No comments:

Post a Comment