Sunday, December 16, 2018

Holiday thoughts...

-kind of doing the nostalgia trip thing, watching my favorite movies and eating peppermint-stick ice cream. Trying to feel both grateful and convivial.

-This is, however, the time of year when my singleness feels the most weird and when I feel kind of bad about never having developed skills as, say, a sparkling party hostess.Even though I know there wouldn't have been many ways to develop such talents when my wheelchair gets stuck in every kitchen I've ever had, and, in fact, kitchens are the most difficult room to modify for access, it's still hard not to take that personally. Have to admit also that it frees me up sometimes, I guess, as does getting old enough to brush aside the thoughts of "Someday..." regarding the home-and-family idyll, etc.(Although it's not like I'd say no if pelted by some kind of bliss-bomb.)

-But I have to admit I don't know what I'm doing instead, since, you know, this isn't exactly "La Vie Boheme" either, but I've revised "The Wedded Twist" to my own satisfaction, and maybe will shortly find a home for it this spring(Are these two things unrelated? Probably not, Dr. Freud.)

If you are reading this, I wish you Equality, Justice, and Peace for the holidays and for 2019.

2 comments:

  1. > I wish you Equality, Justice, and Peace for the holidays and for 2019

    And I wish the same to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Heather.
    Maybe some mercy, too, since lots of us tear each other up.

    ReplyDelete