Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Bohemian Crip Watches Movies: Serendipity(2019)

 Included the date to distinguish this offbeat and somewhat conceptual and symbolic documentary from the 2004 or 05 holiday fable about fate that I really like despite all my rational instincts. I suppose I liked this one, too, but I have the feeling still that I didn't understand it very much(Which my college self, totally insecure about going to a land-grant college on the taxpayers' dime would totally bluff about, so I guess I've grown that much.) Also, it was amazing to watch a woman, especially an artist, get treated for breast cancer(she even saw an acupuncturist(!) though I'm not clear why, and not have to get the shot of le pile of bills while she is on the phone screaming at les cochons(maybe the tenth French word I know, despite thinking it's really beautiful and I wish I had knowledge  outside of menus) at customer service and underwriting who quite literally add insult to injury still in the United States. I know people sometimes get mad when I write about things this way, but the contrast could not be denied. I mean, Prune was sad and really in touch with an uncertain future, but her parents didn't lose their house.(Also, 35-year-old Prune Nourry froze her eggs, which in our country is almost as expensive as the college education for the kids that result(I know from reading lots of women's magazines...hardly anyone on earth gives a damn about my old eggs, mostly including me. Still, as time runs out for them, an inconvenient sentiment sometimes erupts..)

Basically, this is an examination of how one woman's diagnosis affects her art that makes me wish i was better at symbolism and subtext(I got why having one breast makes  her sculpt Amazons...I'm not dumb, just spent the time I might have spent on motif either holding my water or learning why good reporters don't let sources buy them anything.) I also wonder what acupuncture does...could I have set aside antacids if I could deal with needles in my stomach?

No comments:

Post a Comment