Thursday, June 24, 2021

Sweet Jesus, I Hate Krysten Sinema...

 I kind of always knew I'd keep this title chambered, probably since I saw it ona Billo trashing website, but unlike those people my "hate" started more with curdled admiration. She was everything a politically motivated grade-grubber with a carefully-disciplined whiff of the bohemian wanted to be,including the fact that she skipped grades to start going to civic-minded meetings early, much like Anthony Michael Hall's character in "The Breakfast Club" using a fake ID to vote.(I used to think I was like him, too)

We met a few times...at the university, where in women's studies, she told the class what it was like to have skeevy, old(now disgraced) members at the statehouse asking her sleazy questions about being bisexual--if you've never taken WST, there's a lot of "sharing", the better to relate the materials to,say, sexism in daily life.(Now, I hope I'll be forgiven for wondering whether any of that spontaneous emotion got practiced in the bathroom mirror before we got it...she seems to leave nothing to chance, nowadays.)

I graduated, unlike Krysten, to a silence so resounding, I could probably still dig up a dove-gray copy of my rookie's resume somewhere(Did it start out with jealousy? Probably, even though I'm fine with being off the narrow respectability track that makes Sinema chase Republicans like dogs chase cars.) We worked on a project together, to attempt to defeat Arizona's marriage amendment. She talked me up to someone as someone to watch, once.(Do I still wonder what might have happened if her compliments were followed up with action? I used to, before she  planned for defeat and put girlie antics before helping people.

No comments:

Post a Comment