Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Is This Art Or Regression?

 Got this as if in dictation while listening to "Nevermind" for the first time in a long time(Although I've made several attempts to write about Cobain)

"Heart-Shaped Box" is my favorite track, and not only cause it's gross/romantic, but because I like to picture Kurt writing "I've been in your heart-shaped box for a week," and kind of having a "That's what she said," kind of laugh over it.

My life’s not too hard and not too easy,

I’m not tortured, my hair’s just greasy.

Is my mobility with you?

My legs just wait so patiently,

For a message they will never see.

If they’d been strong, could they drive you back from the brink, do you think?

Although if I had my legs to stand on,

Maybe I’d waste their strength

Flirting my way out of speeding tickets.

(That version of me is probably…fast.)
I’ve mourned a long time,

For both of us.

Potential unrealized.

Like having blue eyes

That I don’t use

Correctly.

I’ve got no thrall,

No thrall at all.

Maybe you shorted out

From having all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment