Monday, February 14, 2022

I think I met my "Scammer Twin"...

 Wasn't going to tell this story, because I kind of look dumb in it, but hopefully good-hearted and generous, too, right? Anyway, in the spirit of #MutualAid last week, I parted with some coin, right? Wasn't exactly sure if I was enabling or what...had sort of a feeling all was not as advertised, somehow, and, good story or not, I probably should have paid attention. I scaled back, somewhat, from my original view of what was generous, though(Personally, I try not to give amounts past the point where I could shrug if somebody did really use it for liquor...just say "bye, money!" and move on.) so it didn't turn out to be an expensive lesson.
Punch line, though.  She(or let's be real, "she") just hit me up again this morning, only instead of, say "Elaine" she's calling herself "Katherine" this time and forgot all about the diabetes she told me about last time. I laugh because, as much as I'd like to see myself in some of these slinky Leonard chicks...deep down, I'm still really the woman who misspelled "Detail-oriented" on her resume and didn't notice till ten had gone out.(I can be nit-picky and I sit down a lot, but I guess it takes more than that to make one 'detail-oriented', for what that's all worth.)

If I took up a life of crime, I think I'd be exactly this person. So I sympathize.  But not enough that she'll see another nickel of mine, whether it's "hard-earned" or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment