Thursday, September 22, 2022

Finally Attempted "Love In The Time Of Cholera"...

 There are parts that I found fascinating, but overall "se me perdio'"(I got lost...don't you love how Spanish writes about these things as though the directions fall out of your head?) I almost agree with this student reviewer, though I liked it better than she did...I don't think she is wrong, though.Everyone had really long names, too.  Could have used a chart to keep the maids, mothers, and lovers straight.

Still looked for the love of my life's number on the flyleaf, as befits a fan of the John Cusack romantic dramedy 2001's Serendipity but it was blank.  Still looking for a middle ground in my half-assed search for love between the "Always be pitching," energy on the dating websites and trusting a universe that hasn't been exactly fair with me. Not sure what I'm going to do about that.  Not getting any younger, but in some ways, even if I've missed the biggest tragedies of the pandemic, I  don't feel ready to try to pretend that my being in a wheelchair wouldn't be a big deal for my date/ partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment