Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Prematurely Mourning The Red-Envelope Era, And Other Stories...

 -Yes, I'll pick one(or two, maybe) places to stream, but I can't hop around chasing exclusives and being nickel and dimed by everyone. Will always miss the film library of the Netflix glory years--maybe the only thing I can really say I "hit hard" that isn't a book or a stomach remedy. I'll always be grateful it was there when I needed it, for a lot of reasons. Streaming show I want to see most right now: The Bear.(I kind of crushed on that actor from American Shameless, but then I found out I could be his Teen Mom if I were doing other stuff in high school than taking finals about Hamlet, which is what I was doing that spring day he was working his way on the planet.  Now there is something familial about him around his grey-blue eyes that I can't unsee.).  At least one of my sons would have been cute, though.

-Apparently, the "few weeks," I needed off "Wedded Twist" last year, was about...fifty-four.  Which is more than I expected, but I'm getting back to it, as Chuck Wendig says, "finshing my shit," It's not terrible, and after a year full of some tumult, editing it feels a bit like reading fanfic of myself, which is making it somewhat easier to correct and edit things, somewhat ironically.

No comments:

Post a Comment