Thursday, May 17, 2018

This Post About The Candidate In OK...

was going to be very different, before I looked into Scott Barnett, and found him fifth in a field of five Republicans looking to be governor of his once-great, now often a punchline, state(I live in one myself, Oklahomans, I understand.)

I considered not writing about this at all, because he's not going to be  governor(or even, as he wrote on his Facebook page "Mayor of Oklahoma", and what do I expect from such a place, anyway?

 My answer is more. More than comments aboutnot feeding people who can't survive without foodstamps. People pick on the poor and disabled though because they expect us not to talk back, though, in a new twist in the old song about this getting out for politically-motivated reasons, Barnett's blaming  Facebook and hackers.(Even if someone's page does get hacked, that excuse is such a refuge of the being-lame-and-busted, I doubt I'll believe it again.) It's appalling that even the OKGOP can't be bothered to denounce these hateful comments. Yes, it's a desperate grab for attention, but every time things like this go unanswered , they get that much closer to being acceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment