Sunday, July 8, 2018

I watched "Ironside" yesterday...

For one of the first times ever. Just kind of watched what followed "Rockford" last night so I can't say if it was a typical "Ironside" or not, but it reminded me more of "Streets of San Francisco" or something than Rockford, which I love, but I'm still sort of surprised I haven't watched it anyway, though it predates me slightly more.
I noticed:
-It seemed like the one tip Burr got about looking paralyzed is to not move around, ever. which makes every scene he's in a pretty static shot of him behind a desk somewhere, asking someone else to check something. He is the boss, so I guess that could make sense, but it makes him a pretty tepid lead(But maybe those are the "Worst episodes ever," that people have griped about for years...I should watch some more before I say that.)

--he was in a car accident and went to the hospital in one episode...kind of goes against my experience with the medical profession that they let him go home alone afterwards. In fact, what he wants is pretty unquestioned by everyone, so much so that I'd almost call this show as much a Fantasy as a crime show.




_Every place Ironside goes is accessible.  Which I know is the dream, but part of me did want to see the cop with the natural hiking his chair over a curb, because it would feel real to my experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment