Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Optimism is One Thing...

grown and tended on inhospitable soil though mine is, I think once I admit to a disability online, I'm not only expected to have positive energy, but the juvenile faith of the bad News Bears or a ten-year-old trying to get another season's starry-eyed magic out of Santa Claus. Would people expect someone not disabled and over forty(although not being precious enough, has, in fact, been a life-long liability...maybe that, more than my ideological pivot, explains my fighting for Bernie Sanders as much as anything...he's not adorable, either.  Although like Bobby Hill before me, I'm also drawn to things that are "so Arizona"...if you like that  comparison, you can thank  my friend Leonard Pierce for it.) to think that the reason life didn't work out as advertised is that she just didn't*believe* hard enough. How long is long enough to clutch your little resume, now stained in some people's view by political action work, in your sweaty palm and believe" this is the one...those other hundred were just practice leading me here!"(Notice that Marianne Williamson could not manifest a trip to the third debate stage...Nelson Muntz laugh)

No comments:

Post a Comment