Friday, October 14, 2022

Browsing, Box Stores. and Non-transferable Love Songs...

 Actual Mom and I got to browse in the bookstore this week(big giftcard for my birthday...you're jealous.)

We night have wandered around and/or touched more a few years ago(Or met someone...it's a good place to bring  Not Really A  Date, or a hang from out of town.

On the way, the radio played  John Legend's "All Of Me", but right before hand the disk jockette said

"I don't know, you guys, a bunch of people I know(she gave a number, but I don't retain numbers well, and what does it matter?) played this at their weddings and they're all divorced."(I might have mentioned that Actual Mom  hates that I would play "It's The End of The World As I Know It" for mine, but it seems like that's what it might take. I don't know why my mother wants me to Believe In Marriage...didn't work out for her, and it's not like my dewy, youthful, optimism would be compromised.) I didn't mention REM again, though. Just said "Maybe it's just about John and Tracy...doesn't work for anyone else." ETA: Of course, she's *Chrissy*, doy.  Where did that wrong name come from?

No comments:

Post a Comment