Sunday, October 30, 2022

Not saying anyone believes this is true...

 But it's weird to be me, watching from my wheelchair, and the same week the flap about "painful to watch" broke out, I watched Mira Sorvino play an amnesiac domestic goddess(Martha with some Nigella, maybe) who could cook, do Christmas crafts without messing up, and well, basically everything but know her own name(Which, some women's studies prof probably exploded about in whatever year it got made, so I'm not covering that, but I did notice, you guys.) Mira is a very believable actress, and kept me watching long after sanity said I should stop.

I'm not saying that anyone over, say, age nine, believes that things happen that way, (in actual fact, many of them have empirical proof in their own families it's not, but how much does it affect people to watch reality's edges get sanded off that way...ten thousand times?
Like a Bradshaw of the damned, I couldn't help but wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment