Wednesday, October 4, 2023

A Little Something, Part 2...

 

I’m sorry?” I say, thinking “Please don’t hurt yourself, Hannah or Emily.  The wisdom I’ve gotten from it isn’t worth the hype.  So far, anyway.” But I don’t speak, which I am really freaking glad about because she says:

“I’m really nervous about cold-calling strangers.”

The absurdity, as well as the relief of not actually proving I’m a complete nutcase makes me giggle.  Even if I’m sad not to be hitting the road with a Real Psychic.  “Oh,” I say, through my laughter.  “On the phone. “ Back in my normal voice I say “You’ll be calling our people and they are really friendly.  Almost always.”

“Excuse me,” she replies, always polite.  “What did you think I meant?”

“Never mind.” On that Thursday, for once, my day starts with a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment