Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Media and Miscellany...


Hard times ahead for your Bohemian Crip, as the spring season that promises renewal for so many means that we here in the desert are headed inexorably to our indoor season.  Perhaps I have some kind of inverse of SAD, called DAS(for Damn all The Sunlight)Stranger things have happened, I suppose. Of such things are climate activists made.( Although I like junk food too much to properly be one, but I am trying hard.)

_Finished up Season 1 of The Deuce on Netflix this week. I think it’s great, but you might want to take a pass if nudity bothers you. James Franco did a nice job playing twins.

Also, watched a biopic of sort of a patron saint of unappreciated Bohemian Crips everywhere, Ms. Emily Dickinson.Cynthia Nixon did a great job of playing her as a human woman,rather than some elusive, booklet-making poetry fairy, but, as a consequence, I felt it too keenly when the walls began to close around her…that is a feeling I don’t really need to have in stereo.Let me know...can there be such a thing as too lifelike a performance? Although I think I told my mother that it was all the scenes at the pianoforte that got to me, which is probably a fiction the woman herself employed at least once.

No comments:

Post a Comment