Sunday, April 22, 2018

On my Desk This Week...

Didn't get as much writing done as I expected due to an intensifying Special Election for my neighbors in the 8th district. The false-confession story is humming along though, and I expect to be done with it by the end of May.

Can't say enough good things about  the indie movie"Band Aid" which features Zoe Lister-Jones and Adam Pally as a couple who use music to fight through their emotional issues.At first, it's a bit hard to watch, not because the fights are so horrible, in terms of what people fight about in real life, but because movies(and particularly television, much as I really do love it) have  conditioned us to expect story fights like wanting to go to a football game on one's anniversary, or someone cares about their work or even the relationship Too Much. Things that even someone like me, who was coupled for about two minutes, with unlabeled side trips making up most of my romantic history, might say "Nobody breaks up over that."

Which, of course, makes it easy for a series regular to bounce up like  a weeble after she's rebuffed wannabe circus clown Dick Van Dyke or whatever(Not to pick on The Golden Girls, but they did rely on that sort of thing more than they didn't) but how much could you care about those relationships? When the resolution happens with "Band Aid' you'll be on board.

Wish me luck as I got word that another new social worker will be coming to see me in June.  Don't expect conflict till the big review in the fall, but will miss talking to J, because his having hands-on caretaking experience meant I didn't have to explain everything all the time and that is just easier.Also, there is a challenging spot where a person is involved enough, without wanting to weigh in on everything and make our family some kind of special project, and we'd found it with J and now we have to start again.  No offense to the next person, but I never look forward to all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment