Thursday, September 24, 2020

I Wish Democrats Loved Their Base...

  I know what I'm supposed to say. And I can count too, right? If Cindy McCain brings along what's left of the GOP country-club crowd, it helps Biden win, which  helps further some of my goals.(Honestly, though, is there a Dead-Eyed Heiress demographic? I think that means there are fifteen #NeverTrumpers, not twelve)It's not like I really expect to have  My Man(or Woman) in the White House, except in my more optimistic centrist days when I could envision Valerie Jarrett or someone like that liking the cut of my previous blog's jib and Taking Me Away From All This in a way my indifferent education could not.

But the People should have one.
I'm tired of even "my" candidates writing statements so helpless and despairing I can't tell them from my Eeyore friends on twitter.

I'm tired of even every Dem nominee I've voted for my whole life running against some mythical hyper-permissive Seventies where the Moral Majority stopped states from giving puppies drivers' licenses and letting kids bring spliffs to show-and-tell or whatever...it's probably bull(I finished out the decade being six.) I'm sick of working hard for people who just want to give me tough love.

Maybe I want some love-love. i shouldn't have to incorporate myself to get it, either.

Mitch McConnell should not hold this whole government hostage.

No comments:

Post a Comment