Thursday, September 10, 2020

When You're Not On Zoom, Nobody Can Hear You Suck Up

 I took a workshop this week, about writing about disability.I did the thing that a lot of publications tell you not to do, and wrote about writing.(Short version: The quest to show range led me to write, aside from a quip or two, incredibly generic stuff.)I was able to use my browser to get on(artistic zooms aren't as worried about security as political ones, possibly, but I was grateful. Your Bohemian Crip is still not fully prepared for virtual meetings.

Not having full capacity, though(I could hear others, and I could Chat) made me aware of how deep my early conditioning that made me the a student with my hand in the air goes. It made me a better and more appreciative listener to not be able to chime in about how I'd read "Geek Love" in the nineties, too, as the facillitator had--we were about the same age, a strange sensation for someone who seems to have the Eager Rookie persona somehow woven into who she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment