Monday, April 19, 2021

I Don't Know "How I Do It" Either...

 nor if I will ever receive a compliment without that asterisk or exclamation point, whichever it is. I have no secret to offer,and even the most obvious answers, eg."putting one foot in front of the other" seem to provoke more questions than answers.

I have no secret. Which probably makes me the only crip of my age and station not hanging out my shingle on the motivational circuit.(Not to say that some of them aren't good, but it does remind me of seeing all those medical-assistance ads and wondering if there are that many teeth to clean.)
There are days wherein  I really don't kill it, instead becoming overcome with envy or sloth.

Sometimes, I likeThe Omar Answer.(In case the clip doesn't play, the famous homo-thug testifies against someone he stole from. The lawyer asks how Omar survives, stealing from drug dealers.

"A day at a time, I suppose."
Sometimes I really do say this, but I don't quite carry it off.

Having no choice doesn't hurt the manageability issues(although I'm aware that some new age people tend to think my soul picked this off some pre-natal menu, but I hope not...my soul doesn't make great choices, if so. 

trying to think about all I may have to do feels like being full and having to think about all the food I'll eat for twenty years.

No comments:

Post a Comment