Wednesday, February 10, 2021

How Hygienists Are Different Than Disabled People...

 

Your Bohemian Crip is starting to feel that she is narrating everything about her life lately, but one incident that happened today seems like it describes the difference between abled and disabled people.

HYGIENIST

You cracked this filling, and part of your tooth.

ME

Really?

H
Yeah.  Didn’t you notice?

 I’m not really sure, but I think I’ve spent half my life wondering “Has This Body Part Always Been Like That?” and that is a confusing thing and not half as fun as it sounds.

Also, between being disabled and working class, the idea that something weird would give me the urge to talk to a medical professional Right Away is a thing that isn’t You only want to do that if you think  they will “fix you right up,”.(I also have a recurring dream about teeth falling out, which may never go away now.  Bonus.)

No comments:

Post a Comment