Monday, February 8, 2021

Love, hate, and Kevin Pearson...

 Don't hate me, 'This Is Us" diehards. Much like the Berger cookies I just bought, this too-sweet show was recommended by friends and grew on me.(probably, it's the acting, but the cookie metaphor breaks down unless Randall and beth are frosting) I like watching it AND it makes me wish "Mad Magazine" was at its parody-crafting peak. Maybe that makes me a Bohemian Jerk?

Much like Randall's wife, Beth, though, your Bohemian Crip's life has been a bit too hard for me to feel very sorry forKevin. 

maybe they'd have been better off going the Vincent Chase route, and just admit some people are just...charmed or something  I still enjoy his comic timing and whatnot, but don't think him messing up his knees(which happens in the pros, too, duh!) makes him deep.

would also like to see Kate do a storyline that doesn't have to be FAT!(Much like Gimptitude, one does not get away from that often, I realize, but it's shows like this that try so hard and still don't nail it that make me depressed about representation conversations.)
Maybe Kate could get a skinny, sassy, paralyzed friend...did we mention she's *in a wheelchair*

No comments:

Post a Comment