Saturday, February 13, 2021

Some of The Worst "Bossing"

 I've personally seen is from women,(Mostly from either do-gooding firms, or from places so anodyne you wouldn't think there was passion, or prizes enough, to foster toxicity) but it's enough that I can't agree with my early-twenties self that just putting women in charge will fix everything.I went through a stage of just reading and watching women for...I don't know, a year or two, but it felt lopsided. I learned a lot, though.

I feel bad for anyone that get hassled at work,whether their boss' work ever made me smile or not.  right now, it's hard to imagine work without exploitation, but I'm sure it happens somewhere. 

I used to think I'd be an awesome juror(Law and Order helped foster that legal-geek fantasy with  its black-and-white morality and holographic characters.) and in some ways, it's true. I'm diligent and read a lot and all that, but real life doesn't often provide the satisfaction of getting Polly Purebred off the railroad tracks, so I think even finding justice sometimes might leave me defeated.

1 comment:

  1. Part of me will always be, no matter how foolishly, disappointed that the making of art does not take place in some happy, magical sandbox among friends, even though with money, power, and sex around, that would seem to be an impossible thing.

    ReplyDelete